Online Crisis Simulation Workshop on March 29-30, 2022
- Workshop Date/time:
- Tuesday March 29 & Wed. March 30, 2022, both days 09:00 – 12:00 noon JST
- Monday March 28 & Tuesday March 29, 2022 both days 20:00 – 23:00 EST
- Language: English
- Venue: Zoom
- Capacity: 25 (only those who can participate both days)
- Deadline: Closed
- Areas of Study: Health. International Relations, Regional studies
It is critical to nurture next leaders to deal with crises that can be triggered by geo-political changes, inflectional diseases, or incidents via deliberate actions. Co-hosted with GHIPP, we are offering regional crisis simulation workshop for interested parties across government, academia, and industries to experience this rare opportunity. Please join us!
- What is Crisis Simulation? It is an active learning exercise, where participants will take part in a simulation of a regional crisis that may affect multiple nations in various ways. Participants play as teams for respective country roles, including Japan, China, the US and others. Each team representing a country will decide on various policies and responses, including how to deal with domestic constituents and international community based on their own national priorities and how to meet the ends by negotiating with other nations in bilateral and/or multilateral settings. The goal of the exercise is to give participants an appreciation for the complex issues of regional crisis in understanding how each nation would behave based on their national priorities, identifying obstacles and challenges through making of domestic emergency measures, and practicing leadership to come up with best agreed solutions.
Application materials: Please include following information and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
★ Your short CV (please include name, occupation, contact info, areas of experience and expertise)
★ One paragraph of self-introduction (English) – we will share this among participants.
★ Please note that we only accept applicants who can participate both day workshop.
- This workshop is open to individuals (graduate student, or people with working experience in various fields) and corporate-sponsored persons.
- Application: send materials to email@example.com After the deadline, applicants will be waitlisted and will inform until vacancy is filled.
- Selection of Applicants: When the number of applications exceeds the number of capacity, selection of participants will be made based on diversity and his/her experience/expertise. Notice of acceptance will be sent. Any inquires, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fee: Individuals 6.600 yen
- For Corporate-sponsored: Limited # of Corporate tickets without application process is available. Please contact email@example.com
- Submitted information are only used for the workshop purposes.
- Co-hosted by GHIPP